Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wolfish; resembling or related to the wolf; lupine: as, “the thoöid or lupine series” of canines, W. H. Flower.
- n. A member of the thoöid or lupine series of canine quadrupeds, as a wolf, dog, or jackal: as. “thoöids, or lupine forms,”
- adj. zoology Of or relating to a group of carnivores, including wolves and dogs.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Of or pertaining to a group of carnivores, including the wovels and the dogs.
- Ancient Greek the jackal + -oid. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘thooid’.
'He spent the greater part of his life campaigning to have respelt those words that LOOK as though they are spelt wrongly but aren't.'
Re Otto Tibbit's father, fourteen times Scrabble champio...
How would you describe your brother-in-law? Is he a tad bovine? Maybe there is something lacertilian about him? Or his business practices seem a little percesocine to you.
If you've ever played the game "Balderdash," you may have heard of the 'Weird Words' category. This category lists some pretty strange words... these are a few examples of word you may come across ...
Interesting words you probably won't hear in your day-to-day.
These are a few of my personal favorite words
Looking for tweets for thooid.