from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that twists fibers into thread.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who twists or spins silk to prepare it for weaving.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who throws or twists silk; a thrower.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person occupied in throwing raw silk, or in producing thrown silk.
- n. One who throws dice; a gambler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who twists silk or rayon filaments into a thread or yarn
throw + -ster (Wiktionary)