from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An old Thai measurement of weight, the baht, of about 15 grams.
- n. A Burmese measurement of weight, the kyattha, of about 16.3293 grams (0.576 ounces).
- n. The baht, the currency of Siam (now Thailand).
- n. A former currency of Cambodia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bean-shaped coin of Siam, worth about sixty cents; also, a weight equal to 236 grains troy.
- n. A money of account in China, reckoning at about $1.60; also, a weight of about four ounces avoirdupois.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A weight now used in Burma and Siam, and formerly in many other places in the Indies, equal to about 230 grains troy; also, a current silver coin of Siam, worth 2s. 1d. (about 50 United States cents).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the basic unit of money in Thailand
From Thai, from Malay tikal. (Wiktionary)