from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The issuing or selling of tickets
- n. A periodic sale of ore in the mining districts, in which buyers wrote their bids upon tickets.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A periodical sale of ore in the English mining districts; -- so called from the tickets upon which are written the bids of the buyers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of affixing tickets to anything, or of giving tickets for it: as, the ticketing of goods or of passengers.
- n. The selling of ore by ticket. See ticket, n., 6.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Smoking lounges located in ticketing areas of Terminals 2 and 3, on Concourse A (near Gate A-2) and in the Concourse B food court.
It is likely that the All England Club, which made a £31m surplus in 2010, would approach any development of Court One with a similar external cash-raising exercise, which guarantees long-term ticketing allocations to subscribers.
And I'm leaving for work at 8: 25, just like I do every morning, because I know you begin ticketing at 8: 30.
Well, I think it’s not a hard case to make that enforcing a tax through law enforcement ticketing is pretty inefficient and unfair (my radar detector managed to get me a 100% deduction in this year’s “speed tax”).
Bhairavi Desai, who runs the Taxi Workers Alliance, a taxi driver advocacy group, called ticketing of unlicensed drivers with the technology "problematic."
The ticketing is a nightmare in Madrid Puerta de Atocha because there's always a lot of people there.
We know that this area is being called a ticketing bomb by Mohammed ElBaradei, the head of the IAEA, when it comes to nuclear development.
During that meeting, Fourth Ward Councilman Jerry Wade, who said he was originally "not very excited" about the idea of ticketing, said he supported Thumper's plans.
City Councilman D. Michael Collins calls the ticketing "Mickey Mouse nonsense."
-- Track customer service issues using a problem "ticketing" system.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.