from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The issuing or selling of tickets
- n. A periodic sale of ore in the mining districts, in which buyers wrote their bids upon tickets.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A periodical sale of ore in the English mining districts; -- so called from the tickets upon which are written the bids of the buyers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of affixing tickets to anything, or of giving tickets for it: as, the ticketing of goods or of passengers.
- n. The selling of ore by ticket. See ticket, n., 6.
Sorry, no etymologies found.