from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Shoddy material, as for the construction of standardized housing.
- adj. Made of shoddy material; cheaply built.
- adj. Marked by a mediocre uniformity of appearance or style: ticky-tacky rows of look-alike houses.
- adj. Tawdry; tacky.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Cheap, low-quality building material, especially as that used to make conventional suburban housing of a uniform design
- adj. Made of this material
Reduplication of tacky2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)