from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. A game in which players try to snap small disks into a cup by pressing them on the edge with a larger disk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A game in which the objective is to shoot winks into a cup or at a target by flicking them with a shooter (nowadays called a squidger) from a surface.
- n. A competitive partnership game in which the objective is to gain an advantage over opponents by squopping opponent winks and by squidging friendly winks into a pot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as tiddledywinks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a game in which players try to flip plastic disks into a cup by pressing them on the side sharply with a larger disk
"I would've rather stayed home and played tiddlywinks sometimes," he said.
Otherwise I suggest you go down the street and see if there is somebody you can play jacks or tiddlywinks with.
Their objective all along has been to destroy his presidency, and the next two years are going to make the first two look like they were playing tiddlywinks.
It had rained, and tiny frogs leaped across the dirt road like tiddlywinks.
He would take me, the wordikins and the tiddlywinks and hauntings and the memories of fornication and the pleasures of floorboards, and suck them out of the ghost until the ghost was a ghost of itself.
At the end, viewers are urged to go to a website, www. spotsvstripes.com, to join a team and compete in any real-life game they like – from tiddlywinks to crazy golf and keepy-uppy – and to build up national totals online for each side.
After years of watching tiddlywinks, let's not forget what a good game of chess looks like.
"Don't forget tiddlywinks and Ping-Pong," he says.
Next week, maybe we can watch people play tiddlywinks to decide who gets to see a screening of The Love Guru.
"I don't know how the chess club feels about players of tiddlywinks," he said.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.