from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal An insensitivity to music or to sounds of a given kind: a writer with a tin ear for dialogue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Insensitivity to and inability to appreciate the elements of performed music or the rhythm, elegance, or nuances of language.
- n. Insensitivity to the nuances of current situation or subtleties of a craft; indifference to somebody else's attitudes and moods.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inability to distinguish differences in pitch
- n. insensitivity to the appropriateness or subtlety of language
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.