Did you by any chance mean took?
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A puff on a cigarette, marijuana cigarette, or pipe containing hashish or another mind-altering substance.
- v. To puff or smoke (a marijuana cigarette, for example) or to engage in such activity.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A piece or a bit, as of tobacco or bread.
- n. US, slang, casinos A gratuity.
- v. transitive To give a gratuity to.
- n. slang A puff of marijuana.
- v. slang To smoke marijuana.
- v. slang To inhale a puff of marijuana
- n. a puff of a marijuana or hashish cigarette
- Presumably from Spanish tocar ("touch"). Noun sense 1968, verb 1952. (Wiktionary)
- Perhaps from Spanish toque, a hit, a turn, from tocar, to touch, from Vulgar Latin *toccāre. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Funny thing, a toque pronounced "toke" is the big puffy white hat worn by pastry chefs, although mostly cartoon versions of chefs these days.”
“Joints were often produced at parties or even in clubs, and passed among those who fancied a 'toke'.”
“Arrived at the close of the second day in Canterbury, the two "toke" their inn at the sign of the "Falstaff," where hung "Honest Jack, in buff doublet and red hose," in a wonderful piece of wrought-iron work.”
“Since I indeed did not sneak a toke, I took myself over to Walgreen’s for some allergy meds.”
“Obviously, if it's legal to smoke in BOTH states (pot), they can 'toke' en route - the 'happy train', and that's why this thing just might work after all.”
“According to the guys at SparkBotttle, The Tock (or is that "toke"?) clock always tells the”
“One does not "toke" a bong, one takes HITS from a bong.”
“Reefer Madness" tells the story of Jimmy Harper, an upstanding youth who becomes a whacked-out pot fiend after one 'toke' of the evil reefer.”
“(sounds like it could be from the same family as 'toke') 1: 38 AM”
“Lab rats that were administered one dose of marijuana (comparable to a "toke" from a”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘toke’.
Words and terms about (illicit) drugs and related subcultures.
short, sweet, epic, catchy, sassy, sexy & sizzling.
( personal list, randomness )
Words for the respirationist.
Looking for tweets for toke.