from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cover (a road surface) with loose material that is not worked in.
- transitive v. To cover (farmland) with fertilizer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cover a surface with loose material; especially to cover newly-sown seeds with a light dressing of soil or fertilizer
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To apply a surface dressing of manureto,as land.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To manure on the surface, as land.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. scatter manure or fertilizer over (land)
Sorry, no etymologies found.