from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pari-mutuel machine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or object that totals
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as totalizator.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An apparatus, used at horse-races, which registers and indicates the number of tickets sold to betters on each horse. Also called totaliser, totalizator, and totalisator.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a calculator that performs simple arithmetic functions
- n. computer that registers bets and divides the total amount bet among those who won
Sorry, no etymologies found.