American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various fabrics of cotton or linen used for making towels.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Material used for towels, whether made in separate to wels with borders, etc., or in continuous pieces, sold by the yard. Compare huckaback, crash, diaper, glass-cloth.
- n. A piece of the stuff used for towels; a towel.
- n. A whipping; a thrashing.
- n. Any fabric suitable for towels, such as huckaback or terry cloth.
- v. present participle of towel.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Cloth for towels, especially such as is woven in long pieces to be cut at will, as distinguished from that woven in towel lengths with borders, etc.
- n. any of various fabrics (linen or cotton) used to make towels
“Their role will include extra duties such as toweling seats dry before the”
“Well, I was toweling off one morning, and I was reminded of this by the "Terry-Cloth" towel that I was using.”
“After toweling off and combing my hair, I slipped into the red velvet nightgown I'd purchased for Trent's homecoming and looked myself over in the mirror.”
“There are a period of wildly inappropriate hats in the 70s that perhaps led to the notion that all hats are silly (and the mere existence of the toweling hat suggests a sort of nadir was reached).”
“If you have several items of approximately the same size — such as file folders or books — you can place them upright in a milk crate or box, separated with paper toweling, butcher paper or wax paper.”
“Theodore has never been to this particular store, although often buys his cheese and paper toweling from another branch on the east side of town.”
“The idea struck me as I was toweling off after a swim: what would happen if I crossed the Mercedes-Benz and Grignani logos from my February 2009 blog post, Exploring Logo Designs with Mathematica?”
“But Tom Randle's shell-shocked Ulysses, showering away the gore, then toweling and dressing himself in real time whereupon he recovers his mojo, is some kind of a first.”
“When she was toweling dry, she picked up the pace, briskly drying her hair, then, back in her robe, she applied the mascara and lip gloss that were her only makeup.”
“He's toweling off, singing some song I don't recognize.”
‘toweling’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for toweling.