from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Merchandise accepted as partial payment for a new purchase.
- n. A transaction involving such merchandise.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. property used as part payment for a new purchase
- n. a transaction including such payment
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an item of property, such as an automobile, that is given in part payment for a new one.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. turn in as payment or part payment for a purchase
- n. an item of property that is given in part payment for a new one
Sorry, no etymologies found.