from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exempt from customs duties: duty-free merchandise.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a region or establishment in which imported goods are exempt from customs duties: a duty-free port; a duty-free shop.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. exempt from duty, especially from customs duty
- adj. of or pertaining to such goods
- n. A duty-free article, especially part of the allowance of such goods allowed to be imported.
- n. A shop where duty-free goods can be bought.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Free from tax or duty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exempt from duty
Sorry, no etymologies found.