from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. transferred
- adj. metaphorical
- adj. passed down; transmitted from one to another
- adj. passed around; common
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Passed along; handed down; transmitted.
- adj. Metaphorical; figurative; not literal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Metaphorical; not literal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having been passed along from generation to generation
Sorry, no etymologies found.