from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who, or that which, trembles.
- n. Any of various New World passerine birds of the family Mimidae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who trembles.
- n. Any of certain West Indian birds of the genera Cinclocerthia and Rhamphocinclus, of the family Mimidæ.
- n. The vibrating hammer, or spring contact piece of a hammer break, as of the electric ignition apparatus for an internal-combustion engine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See electric ray.
- n. One who trembles; especially, a person or an animal that trembles from fear.
- n. [capitalized] One of a religious sect of the time of Queen Elizabeth.
- n. That which trembles or vibrates; specifically, an automatic vibrator used for making and breaking the circuit of an induction-coil; an electric bell.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who quakes and trembles with (or as with) fear
tremble + -er (Wiktionary)