American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A conversation or discussion in which three people or groups participate.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Discourse by three speakers; a colloquy of three persons.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A discourse or colloquy by three persons.
- Latin trialogus; tri- + -logus, as in Latin dialogus, English dialogue. (Wiktionary)
- tri- + (di)alogue. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“However, that position will have to be reconciled — in a so-called trialogue among the European Parliament, Commission and the governments — with a different version of the law going through the parliament.”
“Keller pastor's multifaith initiative includes 'trialogue' with Muslims, Jews”
“Afghanistan-India-Pakistan 'trialogue' organised by Delhi Policy Group yesterday.”
“However, there are rumours that a third option may be available, which is for discussions to continue on the basis of an informal "trialogue" between the three institutions.”
“I think my favourite was "trialogue", which captures the spirit of the place.”
“Turmes, who is responsible for guiding the proposal through Parliament, said while much progress had been made in 'trialogue' negotiations between the European Commission, Parliament and the French Presidency, Paris was "refusing to engage in meaningful negotiation" of the main outstanding issues.”
“France, which holds the presidency of the European Council until the end of the year, is currently in 'trialogue' talks with representatives of the Commission and Parliament.”
“He also was a co-founder of a group aimed at promoting "trialogue" among Jews, Christians and Muslims.”
“The Nuncio was asked if there were any attempts at a Jewish-Catholic-Muslim trialogue.”
“And each of the trialogue spoke their truth with humility, grace and humor.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘trialogue’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
three; three parts
Panvocalics are words that contain all the vowels. Listed here are "euvocalics": words that have each of the five vowels only once. (These are also a kind of supervocalic.) Words that also have a "...
the art or science of all specialized literary uses of language in prose or verse, including the figures of speech.
the study of the effective use of language.
Looking for tweets for trialogue.