from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having three toes, claws, or similar parts on each limb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having three digits on a limb.
- adj. Composed of three movable parts attached to a common base.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having three fingers or toes, or composed of three movable parts attached to a common base.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having three digits, whether fingers or toes; tridigitate.
- Having three digital parts or processes. Also tridactylous.
Greek tridaktulos, three-fingered : tri-, tri-; see trei- in Indo-European roots + daktulos, finger.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
tri- + Ancient Greek δάκτυλος (dáktulos, "finger"). (Wiktionary)