from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To divide into three equal parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to cut into three pieces
- v. to divide a quantity, angle etc into three equal parts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To cut or divide into three parts.
- transitive v. To cut or divide into three equal parts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cut or divide into three parts, especially into three equal parts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cut in three
Sorry, no etymologies found.