from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An adjustment, as of a motor or engine, made to improve working order or efficiency.
- n. A preparation; a warm-up: The scrimmage was a tune-up for the big game.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A series of adjustments to an engine in order to improve its performance
- n. A series of preparations for vigorous exercise; a warm-up
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. adjustments made to an engine to improve its performance
- n. exercising in preparation for strenuous activity
Sorry, no etymologies found.