from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A jet engine having a turbine-driven compressor and developing thrust from the exhaust of hot gases.
- n. An aircraft in which a turbojet is used.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A jet engine that develops thrust solely from high-speed exhaust gases expelled from a turbine that drives a compressor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a jet engine in which a fan driven by a turbine provides extra air to the burner and gives extra thrust
- n. an airplane propelled by a fanjet engine
turbo- + jet (Wiktionary)