from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The hunting of turtles (the reptiles).
- n. Turning turtle.
- n. Any slow progression or build-up.
- n. A defensive strategy of avoiding conflict, usually in a fixed position.
- v. Present participle of turtle.
- n. Alternative form of turtleling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act, practice, or art of catching turtles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or method of catching turtles; the business of a turtler.
turtle + -ing (Wiktionary)
From turtle + -ling. (Wiktionary)