from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An Asian silkworm, the larva of a large saturniid moth (Antheraea paphia), that produces a coarse brownish or yellowish silk.
- n. The silk produced by this worm or a fabric woven from it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of tussore.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An undomesticated East Indian silkworn (Antheræa mylitta), that feeds on the leaves of the oak and other plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. oriental moth that produces brownish silk
Hindi tasar, from Sanskrit tasaram, shuttle (probably from the shape of its cocoon).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)