from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Games See blackjack.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cardinal number occurring after twenty and before twenty-two, represented in Roman numerals as XXI and in Arabic numerals as 21.
- n. Blackjack.
- n. A basketball-based game in which players attempt to score exactly twenty-one points.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of twenty and one
- n. a gambling game using cards; the object is to hold cards having a higher count than those dealt to the banker up to but not exceeding 21
- adj. being one more than twenty
Sorry, no etymologies found.