from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The office (or term of office) of an umpire
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office of an umpire; the power, right, or authority of an umpire to decide.
- n. The act of umpiring; arbitrament.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The post of an umpire; the act of one who arbitrates as umpire; the decision of an umpire; arbitrament.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mediation by an umpire
- n. the act of umpiring
umpire + -age (Wiktionary)