from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove the cap or covering of.
- intransitive v. To remove one's head covering as a sign of deference.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove a cap or cover from.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To remove a cap or cover from.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To remove a cap, as a percussion-cap, from, as a gun or a cartridge, or a protecting cap from, as a lens-tube.
- To remove the cap or hat.
Sorry, no etymologies found.