from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To detach from what secures; unfasten.
- transitive v. To cause to leave a tranquil condition; disturb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To unfasten from a fixing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To loosen from a fastening; to detach from anything that holds; to unsettle
- transitive v. To make fluid; to dissolve.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make no longer fixed or firm; loosen from any fastening; detach; unsettle: as, to unfix the mind or affections; to unfix bayonets.
- To melt; dissolve.
un- + fix (Wiktionary)