from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To separate the connected parts of.
- intransitive v. To become loosened or separated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To loose; to unfix; to unbind; to untie; figuratively, to detach from any connecting link or agency; to disconnect.
- v. To come untied or unloosed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To loose; to unfix; to unbind; to untie.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To loose; unfix; unbind; untie; figuratively, to detach from any connecting link or agency; disconnect.
- To come untied or unloosed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to become undone
- v. become undone or untied
un- + fasten (Wiktionary)