from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To undo (a lock) by turning a key or corresponding part.
- transitive v. To undo the lock of.
- transitive v. To give access to; open.
- transitive v. To set free; release: The news unlocked a torrent of emotion.
- transitive v. To provide a key to; disclose or reveal: unlock a mystery.
- intransitive v. To become unfastened, loosened, or freed from something that restrains.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To undo or open a lock or something locked by, for example, turning a key, or selecting a combination.
- v. to give access to something
- v. To disclose or reveal previously unknown knowledge.
- v. To be or become unfastened or unrestrained
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To unfasten, as what is locked.
- transitive v. To open, in general; to lay open; to undo.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To unfasten, as something which has been locked; open, as what has been shut, closed in, or protected by a lock: as, to unlock a door or a chest.
- To open, in general; lay open.
- To spread out.
- To disclose; reveal; make known.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. open the lock of
- v. set free or release
- v. become unlocked
Sorry, no etymologies found.
So the 25% public subsidy is necessary to "unlock" - what? private subsidy?
Instead, whole language is more about learning in context, using many different clues to unlock a word.
The only way to unlock is to enter a long code so that should put you off.
An Abbott government would suspend fishing no-go areas to 'unlock' oceans A COALITION government would "unlock" Australia's coastal waters by immediately suspending the marine protection area process, Tony Abbott says.
A five-movement combo-pretty much unguessable, especially if you take into account the lock's reset behavior-takes about a second to unlock, which is pretty swell.
Thanks to Tonza, his or her solution is a quick, and easy way to get around this problem with the network settings preference, since trhe security update; by going to "security" (2nd last tab in the Personal column of system preferences in tiger) and clicking on the option that says "require password unlock each secure system preference"
Also, instead of wiping the phone entirely, it would be useful to enable the password unlock remotely.
But you may be able to "unlock" the phone for use with other GSM carriers -- for example, cheap pre-paid services for temporary use overseas.
One of Lyons's favorite quotes comes from Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Every object rightly seen unlocks a quality of the soul" Lately, she has been looking out the three windows of her Woodstock studio, trying to "unlock" the secrets of her hillside.
ITT said the massive restructuring would help it "unlock" value in the various businesses and make them "more nimble."
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.