from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An enormous mythical bird in Eastern legend.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A monstrous bird of Arabian mythology.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fabulous bird of prey of monstrous size, famous in Arabian mythology, and corresponding to the Persian simurg.
- n. A Middle English form of rock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength
Arabic ruḫḫ.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Spanish rocho, ruc, from Arabic رخّ (rukhkh), from Persian رخ (rukh). (Wiktionary)