from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove a hidden electronic device, such as a microphone, from: debug a conference room.
- transitive v. To make (a hidden microphone, for example) ineffective.
- transitive v. To search for and eliminate malfunctioning elements or errors in: debug a spacecraft before launch; debug a computer program.
- transitive v. To remove insects from, as with a pesticide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove a hidden electronic surveillance device from somewhere
- v. To search for and eliminate malfunctioning elements or errors in something, especially a computer program or machinery
- v. To remove insects from somewhere
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. locate and correct errors in a computer program code
If you want to see some debug information from the fetchexec process, uncomment the line $debug = 1; in file config. inc.
She was instrumental in developing COBOL and takes credit for inventing the word "debug" as applied to computers - she says because a moth disabled a computer she was working on during WWII, and she remarked that the computer needed "debugging."
The video showed Carrier IQ recording everything Eckhart entered into his phone, storing the data in what's known as a debug log.
Test case 2: I try to now run my application itself (instead of the deployed website) as I want to debug, that is where the issue arises.
Just a note, the most essential requirement to debug is to Enable Debugging in CF Administrator so don't miss checking that part of the video as well.
Assuming, I am creating my Yahtzee A.I. using evolutionary techniques, it would be natural for me to "debug" the process.
It is then that your average hacker begins to look into the meaning of life and the universal systems, and when they encounter anomolies they attempt to 'debug' the system.
a program can have a memory corruption or a double free. therefore, I can use MALLOC_CHECK_ to debug, which is fine.
Purdue University researchers, working with high-performance computing experts at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, have created an automated program to "debug" simulations used to more efficiently certify the nation's nuclear weapons.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue University researchers, working with high-performance computing experts at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, have created an automated program to "debug" simulations used to more efficiently certify the nation's nuclear weapons.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.