from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove a hidden electronic device, such as a microphone, from: debug a conference room.
- transitive v. To make (a hidden microphone, for example) ineffective.
- transitive v. To search for and eliminate malfunctioning elements or errors in: debug a spacecraft before launch; debug a computer program.
- transitive v. To remove insects from, as with a pesticide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove a hidden electronic surveillance device from somewhere
- v. To search for and eliminate malfunctioning elements or errors in something, especially a computer program or machinery
- v. To remove insects from somewhere
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. locate and correct errors in a computer program code
de- + bug (Wiktionary)