from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove a plug from.
- transitive v. To free from an obstruction.
- transitive v. To remove (an electric plug) from an outlet.
- transitive v. To disconnect (an electric appliance) by removing a plug from an outlet.
- intransitive v. To become unplugged.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To disconnect from a supply, especially an electrical socket.
- v. To remove a blockage from (especially a water pipe or drain).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To remove a plug from. See unplugged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. pull the plug of (electrical appliances) and render inoperable
un- + plug (Wiktionary)