from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove or clear an obstruction from: unblock a road; unblock an artery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove or clear a block or obstruction from.
- v. To free or make available.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In whist, to play an unnecessarily high card, in order to avoid interrupting a partner's long suit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make (assets) available
- v. play the cards of (a suit) so that the last trick on which a hand can follow suit will be taken by a higher card in the hand of a partner who has the remaining cards of a combined holding
- v. clear or remove an obstruction from
Sorry, no etymologies found.