from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove a stopper from.
- transitive v. To remove an obstruction from; open.
- transitive v. Music To pull out the stops of (a pipe organ).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove a stoppage; to clear a blockage.
- v. To unplug or uncork a container.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To take the stopple or stopper from.
- transitive v. To free from any obstruction; to open.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To unstopper.
- To free from any obstruction; open. To draw or pull out the stops of (an organ).
Sorry, no etymologies found.
A moratorium on the HVCC would help unstop the cork.
Some months after that a miracle warrior, mighty and unstop pable, appeared in besieged Stalingrad, and the German forces quaked at his fury.
What else is scripture but our spoken Word, divine words that open eyes and unstop ears?
Two thousand and nine years later, what do we have to open our eyes and unstop our ears?
Freely given and freely received, God's graces sharpen the eyes and unstop the ears.
If a toilet overflows, you unstop it, but you may also try to understand what caused the problem in the first place so that it doesnt stop up again.
And find ways to unstop the bottleneck in the process, or in other words, "the 535 members of Congress."
My friends, intellectual and spiritual pride that blinded me for so long ... even though I had followed God all my life, it took a supernatural work of grace to unstop my spiritual ears and remove the blinders.
CROWLEY: Someone could beat her in Iowa, rewriting the unstop - able Clinton story line.
And if they feel the state has already silenced their prophetic witness and bought them off with tax exemptions, they should unstop their mouths rather than gingerly avoiding the IRS's restrictions on political activity by 501c3 nonprofits.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.