from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To free from a tangle; disentangle. See Synonyms at extricate.
- transitive v. To straighten out (something puzzling or complicated); clarify or resolve.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove tangles or knots.
- v. To remove confusion or mystery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To loose from tangles or intricacy; to disentangle; to resolve.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To loose from tangles or intricacy; disentangle; hence, to free from embarrassment, doubt, or uncertainty; resolve; clear up; explain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. release from entanglement of difficulty
- v. become or cause to become undone by separating the fibers or threads of
From un- + tangle (Wiktionary)