from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To straighten out or disentangle (a jumble or tangle); resolve.
- transitive v. To restore (a scrambled message) to intelligible form.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To reverse the process of scrambling, decrypt.
- v. To put into order or restore to order.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make intelligible
- v. become or cause to become undone by separating the fibers or threads of
un- + scramble (Wiktionary)