from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To release from or as if from chains or bonds; set free.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove chains from; to free; to liberate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To free from chains or slavery; to let loose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To free from chains, slavery, or restraint; let loose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove the chains from
- v. make free
un- + chain. (Wiktionary)