from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To release or loosen the clasp of.
- transitive v. To release or loosen from a clasp or an embrace.
- intransitive v. To become unfastened.
- intransitive v. To release or relax a clasp or grasp; let go.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To release the clasp from something
- v. To become unfastened
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To loose the clasp of; to open, as something that is fastened with, or as with, a clasp.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To loosen the clasp of, as a purse or a belt.
- To lay open; reveal; disclose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. release from a clasp
Sorry, no etymologies found.