from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To release the bolts of (a door, for example); unlock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To undo a bolt; to unlock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To remove a bolt from; to unfasten; to unbar; to open.
- intransitive v. To explain or unfold a matter; to make a revelation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To release or allow to be opened by withdrawing a bolt: as, to unbolt a door.
- To withdraw a bolt and thus open that which it confined; hence (rarely), to open; unfold; explain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. undo the bolt of
Sorry, no etymologies found.