from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To rid of mythological elements in order to discover the underlying meaning: demythologize biblical legends.
- transitive v. To remove the mysterious or mythical aspects from: "providing an antiheroic age with heroes suitably demythologized, yet also grand” ( John Simon).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to remove the mythological elements of something in order to find the underlying meaning
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to remove the mythical elements from; -- of writings, such as the Bible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove the mythical element from (writings)
de- + mythologize (Wiktionary)