from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove pins or a pin from.
- transitive v. To open or unfasten by or as if by removing pins.
- transitive v. To free.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove a pin, undo a pin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To loose from pins; to remove the pins from; to unfasten.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To remove the pin or pins that fasten.
- To unfasten or unloose by taking out the pins: as, to unpin a ribbon or a gown; hence, to loosen the garments of; undress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove the pins from; unfasten the pins of
un- + pin (Wiktionary)