from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To drive from a lair or den.
- transitive v. To loose from a kennel.
- transitive v. To bring to light; uncover or disclose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To scare out from a lair or a den.
- v. To let (something) out of a kennel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To drive from a kennel or hole.
- transitive v. Fig.: To discover; to disclose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To drive or force from a kennel; take out of a kennel. To rouse from secrecy or retreat.
un- + kennel (Wiktionary)