from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To deprive of sexual capacity or sexual attributes.
- transitive v. To castrate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To deprive of sexual attributes or characteristics
- v. To sterilize
- v. To castrate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deprive of sex, or of qualities becoming to one's sex; esp., to make unfeminine in character, manners, duties, or the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of sex or of sexual characters; make otherwise than the sex commonly is; transform in respect to sex; usually, with reference to a woman, to deprive of the qualities of a woman; make masculine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove the qualities typical of one's sex
- v. deprive of sex or sexual powers
- v. make infertile
un- + sex (Wiktionary)