from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, printed, or formatted in capital letters: an uppercase A; uppercase titles.
- transitive v. To put (type or text) in uppercase letters.
- transitive v. To begin (a word) with an uppercase letter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. written in upper case; capital
- n. Alternative spelling of upper case.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the large alphabetic characters used as the first letter in writing or printing proper names and sometimes for emphasis
- adj. relating to capital letters which were kept in the top half of a compositor's type case
Sorry, no etymologies found.