from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually prolonged and painful contraction or spasm of the vagina.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A painful muscular contraction of the vagina.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A painful spasmodic contraction of the vagina, often rendering copulation impossible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A spasmodic narrowing of the orifice of the vagina. Also called vulvismus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. muscular contraction that causes the vagina to close; usually an anxiety reaction before coitus or pelvic examination
New Latin vāgīnismus : vagin(a) + Latin -ismus, -ism.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)