American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A usually prolonged and painful contraction or spasm of the vagina.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A spasmodic narrowing of the orifice of the vagina. Also called vulvismus.
- n. pathology A painful muscular contraction of the vagina.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) A painful spasmodic contraction of the vagina, often rendering copulation impossible.
- n. muscular contraction that causes the vagina to close; usually an anxiety reaction before coitus or pelvic examination
- New Latin vāgīnismus : vagin(a) + Latin -ismus, -ism. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“By the term vaginismus we understand a painful spasm or contraction of the vaginal orifice which makes intercourse very difficult, or impossible.”
“A related condition in women is vaginismus, which is involuntary spasm of the vagina, preventing entry of the penis.”
“I suspect that you have a degree of the female condition called vaginismus, in which the vaginal muscles contract whenever an attempt at penetration is made.”
“In following up on DePree's recommendation for vaginal dilators, I connected with Mark Carter, who has been a force in bringing resources and information about the medical condition of vaginismus to a population that he characterized as being "poorly served.”
“There is no talk about queer issues, vaginal pain or female sexual dysfunction (vaginismus is mentioned once but only in passing and is very misleading) But besides those things being sadly left out, this book is spectacular, cute and informative.”
“It's an ethic that makes men with prostate cancer and women with vaginismus give up sexual contact with their partners completely because they can't have "sex" anymore.”
“A few sexual partners later, I suppose I've been cured of vaginismus.”
“And besides just social functions, she could have vaginismus or dysorgasmia or chronic functional pain.”
“She could have vaginismus, which causes her vaginal muscles to go into spasm and can make intercourse almost impossible.”
“In some cases, this condition may be related to vaginismus, a strong, involuntary tightening of the vaginal muscles, a spasm of the outer third of the vagina.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘vaginismus’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
words describing the sexual parts of life
words that grate on my nerves (mainly because of the way they sound, not what they mean)
Looking for tweets for vaginismus.