from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A variable inductor used to measure variations in terrestrial magnetism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument used to measure variations in a magnetic field
- n. A rate-of-climb indicator
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for comparing magnetic forces, esp. in the earth's magnetic field.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument used in comparing the intensity of magnetic forces, especially the magnetic force of the earth at different points—for example, as varied by local causes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a measuring instrument for measuring variations in a magnetic field
Sorry, no etymologies found.