from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sports arena with a banked oval track for bicycle and motorcycle racing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An indoor arena, having an oval banked track for bicycle racing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A race-course for bicycles and the like.
- n. A hollow cone (or frustum of a cone) of thin boards or slats, within which a bicycle-rider exhibits feats of riding and dynamic support of the weight of wheel and rider.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a banked oval track for bicycle or motorcycle racing
French vélodrome, blend of vélocipède, velocipede; see velocipede, and -drome, racecourse (from Latin -dromus; see -drome).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French vélodrome, from vélo ("bicycle") + -drome, from Ancient Greek δρόμος (dromos, "a course, race course, road"). (Wiktionary)