from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who versifies.
- n. An inferior poet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who versifies, or makes verses.
- n. One who converts into verse; one who expresses in verse the ideas of another written in prose. Watts was a versifier of the Psalms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who versifies; one who makes verses; a poet.
- n. One who expresses in verse the ideas of another; one who turns prose into verse; a maker of a metrical paraphrase: as, a versifier of the Psalms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a writer who composes rhymes; a maker of poor verses (usually used as terms of contempt for minor or inferior poets)
versify + -er. (Wiktionary)