from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to clothes.
- n. A dressing room, cloakroom, or vestry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dressing room or storeroom for clothes, especially in a church or other religious house.
- adj. Pertaining to clothes or clothing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wardrobe; a robing room; a vestry.
- adj. Pertaining to clothes, or vestments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to costume or dress.
- n. A room or place for the keeping of vestments, garments, or clothes; a wardrobe.
- n. Garb; clothing.
- n. A vestibule; a place of entrance; a court.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to clothing (especially vestments)
Latin vestiārius, from vestis, garment; see vest. N., from Middle English vestiarie, from Old French, from Medieval Latin vestiārium, from Latin, wardrobe, from neuter of vestiārius, of clothes.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Old French vestiarie, from Latin vestiarium, from vestis ("clothing"). (Wiktionary)
From Latin vestiarius, from vestis as Etymology 1, above. (Wiktionary)