American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A large whip scorpion (Mastigoproctus giganteus)of the southern United States and Mexico that emits a strong vinegary odor when disturbed.
- n. alternative spelling of vinegaroon.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A whip scorpion, esp. a large Mexican species (Thelyphonus giganteus) popularly supposed to be very venomous; -- from the odor that it emits when alarmed.
- n. large whip-scorpion of Mexico and southern United States that emits a vinegary odor when alarmed
- American Spanish vinagrón, from Spanish vinagre, vinegar, from Old Spanish, from Old French vinaigre; see vinegar. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘vinegarroon’.
Insults that make me laugh. Some of these are re-contextualized because they sound like insults to me.
Originally this list was to contain multisyllabic words that end in "oon," but as you can see from the comments, all hell broke loose.
Unlike Noah, I have only one of each animal.
IE roots of bhel- and a few others
Looking for tweets for vinegarroon.