from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or process of becoming green, especially the abnormal development of green coloration in plant parts normally not green.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The abnormal development of green pigmentation in plants normally not green, like flowers and shoots. Symptom may be characteristic of phytoplasma infection in plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The act or state of becoming green through the formation of chlorophyll.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Greenness; viridescence.
- n. In botany, the abnormal assumption of a green color by organs normally bright-colored, as when the petals of a flower retain their characteristic form, but become green.
Sorry, no etymologies found.